PDQ, which stands for People Dedicated to Quality, is a fast-casual restaurant that specializes in fresh food fast. Known throughout for their hand-breaded chicken tenders, PDQ also produces delicious made-to-order salads, sandwiches, and hand-spun milkshakes. PDQ offers chef-driven recipes and mindful ingredients typically found in a fine casual restaurant with the value, speed, and convenience of the fast food and fast-casual segment. PDQ has 56 restaurants located in eight states and is continuing to grow.
GOALS & OBJECTIVES
The PR Boutique was retained to develop and implement a strategic public relations campaign to accomplish the following:
- Introduce the PDQ concept to Austin and Houston
- Grow PDQ brand awareness
- Generate PDQ buzz through media relations, social marketing, event marketing, and community involvement
- Drive traffic to PDQ through the grand opening and targeted events throughout 2015
- Communicate PDQ news and events to the public
The PR Boutique was retained to open PDQ’s two Austin locations and four Houston locations. Virtually unknown in the Texas market, we needed to introduce the brand and restaurants to the general public and their target audience and position PDQ as the premier fast-casual dining restaurant in both Austin and Houston. Through media relations, social marketing, community outreach, event marketing and community positioning, The PR Boutique increased brand awareness while driving traffic to the restaurants and creating long-lasting community partnerships.
- The PR Boutique successfully opened six PDQ locations throughout Austin and Houston in 2014 and 2015 to record crowds.
- In an effort to keep PDQ top of mind among Austin and Houston media and the local communities, The PR Boutique invited key journalists into each restaurant for special media tastings, coordinated food drops to key publications and broadcast stations, and developed promotions, giveaways, and events among prominent food bloggers.
- The PR Boutique worked closely with food bloggers and influencers by offering “sneak peek tours” of the restaurant along with gift cards to be used as a giveaway on their blog postings and social media outlets to continue to reach and introduce PDQ’s target audience to the restaurant.
- The PR Boutique successfully connected PDQ with local businesses and organizations as well as obtained great media coverage in Austin and Houston.
- Following are the partnerships maintained with local businesses and organizations as well as the media placements received and blogger relationships.
Partnerships with Local Businesses and Organizations
- Cedar Park Public Library – Austin
- Heroes Night Out – Austin
- Williams Community School – Austin
- Austin Spurs – Austin
- Texas Stars – Austin
- Hill Country Bible Church – Austin
- Austin Aztexs – Austin
- Cedar Park Independent School District –Austin
- Rouse High School – Austin
- Live Oak Elementary School – Austin
- Boy Scouts of America – Austin, and Houston
- Round Rock Independent School District – Austin
- SweetRIDES of Central Texas – Austin
- iHeart Radio – Austin
- Memorial High School Boosters – Houston
- Spring Branch Public Library – Houston
- Cinco Ranch High School Boosters – Houston
- Cy Fair Independent School District – Houston
- Second Baptist School and Church – Houston
- Tompkins High School Boosters – Houston
- Cy Fair Sports Association – Houston
- Twin Lakes YMCA – Austin
- Cedar Park Young Life – Austin
- The Met Church – Houston
- Redeemer Church – Houston
- Austin Business Journal
- Austin Fit Magazine
- Austin Monthly
- Community Impact Cedar Park/ Leander
- Cy-Creek Newspaper
- PaperCity Magazine
- CultureMap Houston
- Hill Country News
- Houston Chronicle
- Houston Family Magazine
- Houston Press
- KEYE TV
- KVUE TV
- Rissa’s List
- TWC News
Bloggers and Social Media
- Cypress Area Foodies and Fooding
- Hank of Food
- The Fried Chicken Blog
- The Chronicles of Ruthie Hart
- Ava Love Hanna
- R We There Yet Mom?
- Kidz Austin
- Live Mom
- HomeStyle Austin
- Way Out West
- R We There Yet Mom?
- Jesse Coulter
- 365Things Austin