Located in the swanky, new River Oaks District, Roberta Roller Rabbit offers Houston clothing for men, women and children, as well as accessories and home furnishings. The whimsical lifestyle brand was inspired by a fable of a magical rabbit that founder Roberta Freymann found on a piece of discarded fabric in India. Launched in 2003, with a collection of colorful hand block printed kurtas, the relaxed, travel-inspired line has evolved into a lifestyle brand offering a variety of products. The fanciful branding defines the interior in the new Houston location, which is the 16th store for the company. Roberta Roller Rabbit has become a brand loved among celebrities and their children.
GOALS & OBJECTIVES
- Introduce Roberta Roller Rabbit to new audiences
- Grow Roberta Roller Rabbit brand awareness
- Secure media placements through strategic pitches
- Generate Roberta Roller Rabbit buzz through media relations and event marketing/community involvement
- Introduce Roberta Roller Rabbit spokespeople to the media
- Introduce Roberta Roller Rabbit to local fashion and lifestyle media
- Communicate Roberta Roller Rabbit news and events to the public
The challenge for The PR Boutique was to introduce the new, unique brand and products to the Houston market.
- Leading up to the opening, The PR Boutique generated as much attention and excitement as possible about the first-ever Roberta Roller Rabbit location in Houston by reaching out to local media with creative, segmented pitches to announce the opening.
- The PR Boutique pitched fashion and lifestyle stories to the Houston Chronicle, Great Day Houston and the KTRK-ABC13 among many other networks and publications.
- The PR Boutique was also charged with compiling a list of Houston’s local influencers to receive special freebie gifts from Roberta Roller Rabbit.
- In addition to scheduling opening-day media interviews, The PR Boutique invited media and Houston influencers to a VIP grand opening party at the store Roberta Roller Rabbit, along with two Houston influencers that partnered with the brand to host the soiree, welcomed more than 60 guests to the private grand opening including journalists, bloggers and influencers for a successful event that benefited The Children’s Fund Houston. Guests enjoyed shopping the new summer line while founder Roberta Freymann made her way around the store greeting guests and answering interview questions.
- The PR Boutique distributed a post press release highlighting the influencer event along with key photos to secure event coverage.
- The PR Boutique also coordinated a private party with Houston Tidbits Front Row Members a few weeks after the grand opening to continue to create more buzz.
- After months of hard work, Roberta Roller Rabbit was officially on the map in Houston and positioned as a fun, new brand with beautiful clothing, accessories, and home décor.
- Roberta Roller Rabbit received praise from Houston’s top media. Following are top media placements received:
- KTRK-ABC Five to Fab Segment with Rebecca Spera
- Houston Chronicle
- Houston Modern Luxury
- Houston Lifestyles and Homes
- My Red Glasses
- Houston Modern Luxury Brides