Tootsies, Houston’s foremost luxurious shopping experience and place to find the best-kept secrets, is located at 2601 Westheimer at Kirby. One of the pioneers in specialty store retailing, Tootsies took Texas by storm more than 40 years ago and continues to do so today with an exclusive emporium of the most elite European and American designers, accessories and shoes. Tootsies is widely recognized as one of the finest and most elegant specialty stores in the country including locations in Dallas and Atlanta.
GOALS & OBJECTIVES
- Keep Tootsies top of mind to the public and media
- Continue to position Tootsies as unique in Houston
- Create signature events for Tootsies
- Execute influencer programming when applicable
- Secure media placements through strategic pitches
Over the years, challenges for the agency have included generating renewed excitement for the Highland Village location, creating signature events aligning Tootsies with new customers while giving back to the community, opening the new store in West Ave, and keeping Tootsies top of mind to the end customer.
- Tootsies has been a mainstay in Houston’s fashion and social scene, but in 2017 made a splash in the sports world by hosting two large scale charity events, one for the NFL Players’ Wives Association during Super Bowl LI and the other for top Houston Astros players Lance McCullers Jr. and José Altuve. Through The PR Boutique’s expert advice and skills, coverage from both events extended beyond traditional sports publications and received placements from several major media outlets.
- One of the wildly successful events created and executed is an event for Dress for Success Houston’s young professional group, Women of Wardrobe (WOW), titled “Sizzling Summer Soiree”. The event supports Dress for Success Houston’s mission to empower women to achieve economic independence by providing a network of support, professional attire, and development tools to help women thrive in work and life and is celebrated its 13th-year last summer with a personal appearance by designer Jay Godfrey.
- Tootsies continues to support Houston’s fashion and philanthropic community through their Valentine’s Day-inspired “Love’s in Fashion”. Some of the city’s celebrity twosomes, which have included professional athletes and TV personalities, walk the runway dressed in formal wear to raise awareness and funds for Dec My Room. The annual event is a favorite amongst local media.
- While Tootsies hosts several longstanding events, they are always looking to further community relationships. Tootsies partnered with Texas Lyme Disease Association (TXLDA) for a second year with a party out on their patio complete with light bites, cocktails, and a DJ to raise awareness for the epidemic.
- In addition to handling media relations for Tootsies announcing trunk shows, in-store events, and celebrity/designer appearances, The PR Boutique oversaw the media relations and grand opening for Tootsies’ move to their current location in West Ave.
- Tootsies continues to receive praise from top media. Following are a sampling of media outlets Tootsies is regularly featured in:
- PaperCity Magazine
- Houston Modern Luxury
- Houstonia Magazine
- KHOU-CBS 11
- My Red Glasses
- Women’s Wear Daily
“I have had the pleasure to call The PR Boutique my media experts for more than 15 years. Led by Karen Henry, the entire team understands the Tootsies brand and I have complete trust in their counsel and expertise.”